This week’s blog covers a topic we at FranNet feel very dearly about. It’s a question really. Do I need a blog? Yes, you need a blog. And you’re reading this on our very own example. See the logic? Moreover, you’re reading about the logic—and that’s exactly the point.
Blogs are a form of communication which places the power of your information at the fingertips of the world to see. A cursory check of several of the top brand websites available on the web will showcase blog after blog, most with relevant and catchy subjects to captivate their respective audiences. If you have a small business, franchise or brand, you should be doing the same.
- Blogs increase the likelihood of your business showing up in search engine results. Most blogs are actually written in a specific style, designed to boost search engine optimization (SEO) rankings. Technically, the style is a formula with specific instructions for how long the blog entry is (word count), the number of hyperlinks (looking familiar?) and the repetition of certain keywords or phrases…such as “Do I need a blog? Yes, you need a blog.” Ah, now the picture is becoming clearer!
- Corporate or brand blogs discuss tips, trends, statistics and information, all designed to inform readers of your goods and services. You get to create the content that others on the Internet will see, giving you vast power to influence. The web community refers to this as the 1 percent rule, meaning only one percent of people create the actual content that the other 99 percent of people browse and read. Establish yourself as the expert in the field who others seek for advice in your particular field.
- It’s fun, engaging and can promote the culture of your small business. Blogging is a way to set yourself apart from the crowd. If you own a home repair franchise and set up a website with a knowledgeable blog, chances are you will do better than the guy listed in the yellow pages.
One word of caution, however. Make sure you’re committed to keeping the content on your blog relevant, fresh and original. The last thing someone wants to see, for instance, is a blog on technology that’s five years old and is copied from some other source — technology has changed tremendously in the last year, much less the last five years. Bring your expertise to the topics.
To get started with blogging subjects, search topics relevant to your industry category. Find insightful articles, statistics and editorials. Use them to blog about your own opinions and link them back to your products and services, explaining along the way why your business matters to your customer base.
Do you need a blog? Yes, you need a blog. Trust us, they work.
Do you feel that you’re ready to get started? If this article has inspired you to investigate a franchise opportunity, perhaps it’s time for a free consultation with a qualified and experienced franchise consultant. As it turns out, FranNet is just the place! As a franchise consultant company with a great track record of assisting individuals on their path to business ownership, make arrangements to speak with one of our representatives today.