For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last five years, podcasts are recorded audio programs that can be downloaded and listened to on a computer or media player. You can subscribe to regular podcasts or pick and choose episodes based on your preferences. They are mostly free and subscribing is as easy as a mouse click.
Podcasts are like making up your own news/talk radio station with only the stuff you want to listen to. You can find podcasts about nearly any topic under the sun. Besides the content customization issue, podcasts’ portability separates them from traditional radio programs that play only at a certain time on a certain channel – although most traditional radio programs now have podcast versions, too.
This week, we’ll present a whopping top one hundred small business podcasts, according to Small Business Trends Radio. Small Business Trends Radio’s format features in-depth interviews with small business experts, including influential people who speak on issues of importance small businesses and small business owners who speak from a personal perspective, offering tips and advice. Some shows include a short trend segment, highlighting trends that affect small businesses.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- MeetInnovators with Adrian Bye. This podcast includes interviews with today’s influential men and women on the Internet.
- DishyMix with Susan Bratton. A mix of lessons from individuals from the world of advertising, digital media, marketing, social media and more.
- Total Picture Radio with Peter Clayton. This podcast features career empowerment interviews with best-selling authors, senior executives, leadership coaches and entrepreneurs.
- Project Management War Stories with Wayne Thompson. Monthly interviews with seasoned business leaders, managers and top level executives offering advice.
- The Starbucks Experience with Dr. Joseph A. Michelli. This podcast will provide you with practical advice from a wide variety of businesses – both large and small.
- Book Digest Matthew Scott summarizes business books for busy business leaders in only eight short minutes.
- Trafcom News Podcast with Donna Papacosta. Listen to interviews and discussions about topics that are important to people in the business of communicating.
- Manager Tool Podcasts with Mauzenne & Co. This podcast is about new tools and easy techniques you can use to help achieve your management and career objectives.
- Rule 53 with Jake Cacciapaglia. This is a cross-generational podcast that focuses on leadership, business, technology and professional development.
- The Engaging Brand with Anna Farmery. A podcast to motivate, inspire and engage people at work.
- Customer Management IQ with Blake Landau. This podcast is a forum for sharing ideas, best practices and solutions within the customer management community.
- The Bottom Line with Evan Davis. This podcast gives insight into business from those leaders at the top.
MARKETING AND SALES
- Marketing Over Coffee by John Wall and Christopher Phenn. This podcast stays on top of all that’s new in the world of business marketing.
- Internet Marketing This Week – This podcast stays on top of today’s hot marketing topics and answers questions such as, “Why did YouTube go to wide screen?”
- Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch. John provides interviews with influential marketing professionals and those who demonstrate advanced marketing tactics.
- Marketing Edge with Albert Maruggi. This podcast features insights and advice on public relations, marketing, communication and more.
- Small Business Big Marketing Show with Luke Moulton & Timbo Reid. Hear how other small business owners from around the world go about their marketing.
- The Selling to Consumers Podcast with Skip Anderson. This is a sales training podcast for salespeople who sell to consumers.
- Sales Podcast with Shane Gibson. Shane is talking about sales force leadership, new entrepreneur development, social media marketing and how ”to close bigger deals.”
- AdVerve with Angela Natividad & Bill Green. This is a podcast about advertising and marketing.
- The Official BNI Podcast with Dr. Ivan Misner. This podcast is a weekly audio discussion with Dr. Ivan Misner, the Founder and Chairman of BNI.
- Six Pixels of Separation with Mitch Joel. Mitch talks about digital marketing, new media and personal branding.
- The BeanCast by Bob Knorpp. This podcast features a panel of smart ad-biz types discussing news and issues.
- Managing the Gray by C.C. Chapman. This is is a marketing podcast that is teaching you and your company about the changing business world.
- Clarity Advantage’s Sales Thoughts with Nick Miller. Gain tips and techniques for prospecting, negotiating, coaching, and managing the sales process.