To help increase your leverage both personal and professionally, do a quick self-assessment of where you are by viewing the listing below.
Create an informal business plan, around one to three pages each, as a blue print for your company.
Focus on marketing business basics:
1. Exercise A Professional Phone & Email Presence
– Let Your Smile Radiate Through The Phone
– Return Calls & Emails Within 24 Hours
– Develop A Brief Company Identity On Your Vm
– Use Proper Grammar, Especially On Emails
2. Exercise Professional Work Ethics
– Be The Employer, Not The Employee
3. Customer Service
– Service Your Customer – Internally & Externally
– Not Only Listen, But Hear Your Customers’ Needs
– Build Relationships
– Create Partnerships
5. Word of Mouth Travels Fast And Far
6. Create Your Unique Brand
– Collateral Materials
– Online Presence
– External Presence – You
7. Grassroots Mix Media
– Article Write Ups
– Get Adequate Attention For Your Company
– Courtesy Efforts – Thank you, Birthday and Sympathy Cards;
– Emails and Friendly Phone Calls
Here’s some suggested reading materials to help you further your business, relationships and marketing efforts.
- Who Moved My Cheese? Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- The Starbucks Experience (Principles For Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary) Joseph A. Michelli
- Reposition Yourself (Living Life Without Limits) T.D. Jakes
Your image speaks volumes for you! How did you rate? After your self-assessment determine what is missing and what needs to be improved.
Source: SCORE’s Women’s Blog