Thinking that 2011 will be the year you jump into the social networking pool? Twitter can help as a marketing tool, finding talent, and doing market research, for starters. Here are some tips to get you started with Twitter.
- Coupons Tweet links to coupons or sale announcements on your website
- Sales Customers send private Tweets for everything from large catering orders to a large latte
- Conversations Shoe superstar Zappos lets customers read employees’ Tweets as a means of letting customers see who they’re buying from
- Customer service Maintain friendly relations via Twitter as people Tweet questions or comments to staff
- Keep tabs on competition Using a free Twitter app, you can set up searches for Tweets about competition and see what people are saying
- Expectation management Store closed because of a plumbing issue? Out of special sauce? Tweets can help you manage customer expectations and thereby build trust
- Talent scouting Send a Tweet when positions open up and when potentials follow your Tweets, they see what sort of company they’re applying to work for